Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Catch Up

Wow, am I behind.  This Christmas season has flown by!  And I have been a little grinchy this year.  Since our house is, go figure, under construction (meaning boxes of flooring and other stuff everywhere) Cody and I opted for a smaller tree to keep from junking up another corner of the house.  Both boys attempted to help decorate it.  Garrett had to honor of placing the topper on it this year.  Unfortunately, our tree was a little reminiscent of Charlie Brown’s with our normal topper, so we scoured our ornaments and found a gold angel that works great.  Also, I have to admit that this year the boys annoyed me putting on the ornaments, so I let them strangle the tree with garland and then “fixed” it when they took a nap one day.  In other words, I stripped the tree of the hideous garland and put the ornaments on myself. 

Placing the topper

Trying to prop it up

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown
Apparently I also forgot to take a picture of the finished tree...go figure.

Garrett has had a tree in his room for the last two years.  It is also a little Charlie Brownish.  It was the tree that Cody and I used when we first got married.  That was 8.5 years ago.  Needless to say it is perfect to put against the wall, considering that is is flat on one side and kind of not so flat on the other side.  It ended up being a little top heavy so we had to do some creative rigging, but got it to stand straight.  Sorry the pictures aren't great.


Personal Tree decorating

Tip #364 of Tree Decorating:  Always line up the ornaments first.

Oops!

Isn't it Beautiful!!

At the beginning of December, Garrett had his annual Christmas concert at school.  We tried to take a few pictures before in front of the tree...it went fabulously.  This year his class sang All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth.  Garrett even had a solo.  He got to sing scream “Sister Susie sat on a Thistle!”  He did great!  Tripp loved the music, he clapped, and sang, and then after about three songs had had enough. 

Christmas Picture Take 1

Christmas Picture Take 2

Christmas Picture Take 3

Ok, this is the best I could get...Tripp is kind of smiling...

Maybe I should have just done one at a time.  At this point there were no more pictures for Tripp.

Handsome Boy!!

The whole class.  I really wish you could hear it. It was too cute!

Tripp's breakdown.

Good catch dad!

Garrett also had the honor of meeting Santa face to face at a friend’s birthday party.  It was a costume/Christmas party.  That is why you see batman on Santa’s lap. 

Making cookies with our superfriend Hudson

Finished product

Batman was called out on a tree climbing mission, and managed to bring the whole party outside with him.

Santa and Mrs. Claus

The BatTwins!!

Most kids turned and talked to Santa; Garrett just talked to him through his smile.


All of this and we still managed to get in a little brother bonding, i.e. throwing toys everywhere and reading books.  Got to love these boys!

Whatcha readin?

No comments:

Post a Comment