Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV84God truly does walk before us, and prepare our way. Yesterday is a testimony to that for us! Cody was out of town, but we had small group, so we were at the Cheng's house. Right before we went up to get started our sweet sitter Breck brought Tripp in crying because he had bumped his chin on the slide. I am not completely sure, but I think he was being normal Tripp and going down head first instead of feet first. After all who would want to go down the "right" way? It didn't take long to decide that I needed to take him to the ER for some stitches. I didn't even have to finish asking before Becca said that Garrett could stay with them, and Anjanette volunteered to ride in the back (not an easy thing to do in my car!) and hold Tripp's napkin on his chin.
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”"
Actually getting settled at Cook's was a breeze as well. I just had to sign him in and they pulled all his information from our pedi's office. I was great not having to fill out any paper work. The nurse checked him out and put some numbing gel on his chin. and then we waited. The wait wasn't too bad because they shuffled us between a few rooms, but it was about two hours. Plenty of time for the gel to work its magic. I tried to explain to him how they were going to fix him just like I fix his stuffed animals, but he was more interested in playing I Spy. Once they came in and got started it took them a while to sew him up. His cut was pretty jagged, and they tried to stitch every little piece together, but it wasn't working so they had to take it all out and re-do it. He ended up with five stitches. They had someone in their that held an ipod close to his face, so he watched Chuggington and Diego the whole time. He was so brave! He never flinched, whimpered, did anything while they were working on him! He was great! They kept commenting on how impressed they were with him.
Cleaning up after he was all done
Yeah! We are all done!
They told him this was for being so brave and for his birthday. His first birthday present this year.
This Popsicle must have been very good; they gave it to us as we were leaving, and it was gone by the time we crossed the street to the car.
When it was all said and done they came in and gave him a whole pack of Hot Wheels and a rainbow Popsicle (something he was very much looking forward too!) I was so proud of him. He really shed very few tears all night, in fact, at the hospital the only time he even started to cry was when they told him that we could go home when we were done. He thought that meant we wouldn't go back and pick Garrett up on our way home. He loves his brother!
We finally made it out of the hospital a little after 11pm, and made it to bed a little after midnight. Definitely a long day, but it was very obvious how God walked before us and made things so much easier than they could have been!
He even felt good enough today to go to the zoo like we had planned yesterday, but by the end he was dragging just a little. I am glad I hadn't given away our stroller yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment