Garrett has been awaiting winter with much anticipation. If you were to ask him, he would tell you that winter almost came a few weeks ago, but since he couldn’t actually play in the snow, i.e... throw snowballs, then it didn’t come. Little does he understand that by his standards, winter almost never comes to Texas, but you try explaining that to a very headstrong, always right, son of his dad (or maybe mom,) four year old. Good Luck.
Well, at last, winter is here. The fun all started early this morning, and we awoke to a beautiful winter wonderland. When Tripp got up he kept talking all about all the white outside. He would say, “White, momma? White?”
I explained to him that the white was snow, and we would have fun in it later. Afterwards, I think he pointed to the windows and told Cody, “Snow, dad, snow, dad…dad…dad, snow!” about fifty times.
Since the temperature is in the teens (currently 18 as I write, but around a very warm 20 degrees when we went outside) we were very bundled. I made the boys double up on under armors or long johns, under their clothes. Tripp had so much on he had to wear Garrett’s boots because his wouldn’t even come close to fitting. Then after a few more layers we headed outside. It was a blast. The snow was too dry for a snowman, but any snow you can fling at someone else counts as a snowball fight. I even took a laundry basket outside, and we took turns “sledding” down the drive way. Tripp was done in about fifteen minutes. His poor cheeks were so red, and his snot had frozen to his face. Garrett stayed out and ran all over the backyard with the dogs for a good thirty or more minutes after we headed in. And I had to drag him in with the lure of hot chocolate and lunch. After he came in he realized just how cold he was.
Snow angel
Tripp wasn't as good at snow angels as Garrett was. His angels were more like fish out of water type flailing than angel making.
Here are a few videos of solo Garrett:
The begining of the ride...
...and here is the finish.
Snowball fight!!
No this is not a really good photoshop edit (which I would love to get, wink, wink) but it is my camera thawing out from the snowball.
Look at those poor red cheeks. Time to head in side for us.
Sweet Hank
Garrett and his snow army.
"Hey, Mom wait just a sec!"
"Gotcha!"
Hot chocolate with marshmellows...
No comments:
Post a Comment