Friday, January 28, 2011

One Little Monkey Playing on the Bed...

                   .

Garrett has decided that he loves his brother, but having his brother play with his stuff...not so much.

I started getting curious a few weeks ago when Garrett excitedly stated that, "He was going to go clean his room and make his bed."

I loved the enthusiasm, but being the very skeptical mom I am went to check on the why he was volunteering to clean after he had finished. (Why did I wait, I was skeptical not crazy. Its only like pulling teeth to get him to clean in the first place.)

When I entered his room, the floor was the most clean it had been in ages. The bed was perfectly made, pillows all aligned in the right places, and the blanket arranged beautifully at the foot of the bed. However, all the batman toys that were previously on the floor were now very neatly arranged on his bed. I asked him why he moved all the toys to his bed, and he responded, "So Tripp can't play with my toys and mess them up after I get it all set up. He can play with all the toys I don't want if he wants too."



So generous. Luckily for Garrett (and Tripp) all Tripp wanted was the fire truck.

I love it that Tripp carries his bucket and not his purse around.


Since then, Garrett asks if he can make his bed everyday. Tripp on the other hand has figured out the master plan, and is learning very quickly how to get on to Garrett's bed. Where will Garrett and batman be found next...

No comments:

Post a Comment