Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fun at the Zoo


We love the zoo!  However, it is hard to figure out the right time to go to see all the animals.  Either its too hot, or too cold, or the hippos are completely under the water, or the daddy lion is hiding behind rocks sleeping, or Tripp wants to be carried, or Mom simply becomes too tired... The list can be very long.  Today we skipped the MOLA (if you knew my boys you would realize that is very shocking!) and just did the regular part of the zoo.  We saw ALL the animals, and they were ALL moving!  I have had a zoo pass for five years, and this is a big first.  The boys were ecstatic!  Garrett was able to observe and make all his "scientificy" deductions about how and why God made the animals the way he did. (Today he was especially fascinated watching the cats shoulder blades move as they walked.) And Tripp mimicked every animal we saw. (Next time you see him you should ask him to show you, you will get a good laugh!)


This goes out to Garrett's Tiger class

You can see the lion behind the rocks


Tripp feeding the birds

Garrett feeding the birds

At first Tripp sat real still on the ground (Gross I know, but he was on the ground before I could tell him to stop.) and letting the birds get what they wanted.  Then he saw how they flocked all over Garrett and saw how many I had (there were actually more up on my arm, unreal!) and wanted to get more birds.

I wonder why he couldn't get any more...

...maybe because he was being a little too energetic...

...No, not Tripp...

(this was about his third time around the circle)

My boys love the movie Bolt.  I can totally hear this bird saying, "Whatchyou looking at?"


The otters

No comments:

Post a Comment