Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Praise for Picking Noses


As a mom, you sometimes have to use "alternate" means to do things.  For example, to get my kids to do anything, we race.  I bet mom can beat you, brushing your teeth, getting dressed, and so on.  Sometimes, I tell them they can't do something to make them do it.  I know that you can't ride your bike in circles, dive off the diving board, you get the picture.  Today I encouraged Garrett to keep on picking his nose.

We were in the car and he, out of the blue said to me, "Hey mom, Do you remember how you told me to stop biting my finger and toe nails. Well, I think I am going to listen to you. This morning I was trying to pick my boogers, and I have bitten my finger nails so short, that I can't get them. Maybe if they are just a little longer, I can reach them better."

Since he has a history of getting both his fingers and toes infected from biting them too short, I was like, "Oh yeah, it must be hard.  I am glad that you can reach them now."

You do what you got to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment