We call Tripp "Turkey" a lot! Mostly because he is always into a little mischief. He is also really good at it. Garrett wasn't as frequently in "messy" troubles, and when he was, he was loud about it. Tripp is very stealthy, quick and quiet about his trouble making. Often I have no clue as to where or how it all goes down.
Yesterday Garrett and Tripp were playing in their rooms together while I sorted laundry. I left them alone for maybe five minutes. When I was done I went in their rooms and Garrett told me that Tripp smelled like lotion. And he did smell very "sweet" smelling, but I couldn't put my finger on the smell. This is how my conversation with Tripp went after that:
Me: Hey, did you put lotion on?
Tripp: Yep! Tripp smells pretty.
Me: You sure do, where did you get the lotion?
Tripp: Tripp's legs are soft, and his chin, and tummy, and arms...
Me: I know but where did you get it, your bath room, mommies bath room, where?
Tripp: Ummm, mommies bath room.
Me: Did you make a mess? Did it get on the floor?
Tripp: Oh Yeah!
Me: Did you use mommies or daddies lotion?
Tripp: Daddies, Tripp smells like daddy, see my muscles, it was in the shower.
And so on. Very productive conversation. I couldn't find a mess anywhere. I checked every room of the house including the bathroom, and Cody's vanity, nothing. I just told everyone to be on the look out and when we found it I would clean it up.
Later last night, I got in the shower, and my feet nearly came out from under me! I slipped all over the shower, and I couldn't figure out why until I noticed my conditioner. Tripp had taken it and rubbed it all over himself, the walls, and the floor of the shower. He had told me it was in the shower...
...
Tripp has also discovered how rewarding it is to comfort someone when they are sad or crying. If he sees someone in need he tells them to come here and he pulls them in so he can hold them. He loves it so much, that he has started pinching and hitting just so that he gets the opportunity to love on you. Unfortunately I am the innocent victim most of the time. This morning he reached up and pinched my face, and I asked him if he did that on purpose, and he said, "No way Jose!"

No comments:
Post a Comment