Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Got Glue!

Today was supposed to be a very exciting one, because today Garrett turns five years old!!  However, it was exciting, for a different reason, Tripp had an accident this morning that required a little derma bond to fix his nose. 

I did not witness the accident, but this is what I understand happened according to Garrett.  Tripp had his feet on the couch and was "bridging it" to the coffee table.  I am thinking his hands were on the table, and and he slipped.  He tore the septum of his nose.  I could lift his nose up and see under it about a quarter of an inch.  Luckily we could get worked in at the doctors office instead of going to the ER. 

Tripp was so brave at the doctor's office!  He didn't cry while several different nurses and the doctor cleaned and looked at his nose.  I was so proud.  Now the glue they use actually stings a lot!  So he did cry once the glue was put on his nose, but he was glad to know that no one can "steal" his nose now because it is glued on.  After comforting him with his blanket, covers and cat we were getting ready to leave when he looked at me and I noticed that he had rubbed some of the glue on his eye.  After working to get his eye opened we were finally on our way.  Glued nose, glued eye lashes, but all in one piece.  The doctor asked how he(Tripp) managed to get the glue in his eye, and I laughed and told him, "This kid manages to do a lot of things to himself that are pretty impossible."

Sweet Tripp!

Before:

(Sorry, iPhone + moving target = blurry)



After: 

Notice the eye lashes, the best part was getting a sucker!


No comments:

Post a Comment