Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend

I love Easter! It is probably my most favorite holiday.  Could there be anything better to celebrate that when our Savior, Jesus Christ, came and took upon our sins, so that after we choose to believe in Him, we could have eternal life?!? I believe it is definitely worth celebrating, and celebrating big!

Friday we dyed our eggs, and did our annual flower tradition.  This year I tried the Pinterest trick of "hard boiling" eggs in the oven.  Worked like a charm.  I could clean while cooking the eggs, and they didn't stink up my house.  Only down fall is a few had brown spots on the shell that washed off, and a few had spots that didn't and went through to the whites, but I have been told they still taste the same.  (I am not an egg eater.)  The boys and I decorated them and then dyed them.  We had a few superhero eggs, so I had Garrett design a Jesus superhero egg that I drew on the egg for him.  My favorite was the one that I wrote "Spiderman loves Jesus."  Garrett thought I was a little dorky for that one.

Helping get the dye ready.


Decorating our eggs.


Love the tongue!!


Tripp wrote Jesus on his egg...

...Garrett did too! This was my favorite one!

Spiderman

Super Jesus, red J for blood, gold cross and a crown of thorns.


A sampling of our twenty four colored eggs.






The flower we did last year and the boys loved it.  It is a great visual of how Jesus takes our sin upon him.  You get a white flower and put it in blood red water.  Over the three days the flower takes on the red color. It is really cool to watch.  The flower we picked this year did really well.


Friday afternoon

Sunday morning

Saturday Gabby and Pud, Kate and Marcus, and Sarah came up to watch the soccer game, and then went to church with us Saturday night.  We went to an awesome service! I have to say I LOVE OUR CHURCH!  Before the service, we of course had to take the obligatory Easter pictures.



Garrett posed himself.  He loves the against the tree pose.


I have to say that I am a little jealous that the boys take a better "family photo" with Kate and Marcus than with us...
I can't wait till they have their own to fill in the boys spots.  Come on September! 





Sunday Morning we celebrated our risen Lord by having Resurrection rolls and having an Easter scavenger hunt.  We put scriptures in their eggs to lead them to then next egg, all the way until they found their Easter gifts from us. It was lots of fun! They were so excited to listen and try and figure out where the next one was.

So here is where getting a new camera before Easter has its downfalls.  I haven't quite got it all figured out yet.  The photos inside were pretty bad.  My kids just wouldn't stay still...  Outside the camera always picked Tripp to focus on instead of Garrett.  I guess that's what you get when you NEVER wear clothes...
And yes, it was a little cold.


Ephesians 2:8-10     For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

To view more Easter photos please go to this link and check them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment