Sunday, June 1, 2014

Brother Hoff Takes the Plunge

Garrett became a believer when he was almost five, and has been talking about becoming baptized a lot lately.  There is really no greater joy than to watch your children make their faith their own.  The Sunday he got sick, they had mentioned that we were going to have baptisms at out new church for the first time. He and I talked about it that day, and he was really excited.  Being in the hospital only helped him want to be baptized more.  Over the next several weeks we talked about about what baptism means and how it tells others about your decision to become a follower of Christ.  At church he went to baptism classes, and at the last one he had to give his testimony and share why he wanted to be baptized.  He was SO nervous.  I couldn't go with him that Sunday because Tripp was sick, but when he got out of church he called me over the top excited because "he passed!" I had to reassure him that it wasn't a test, but that I was excited too.

Luckily I managed to not embarrass him too much with my tears the day of his baptism.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for this boy!


I am so thankful that our friend Jeff could be the one to baptize Garrett.












No comments:

Post a Comment