Friday, March 30, 2012

On Safari

Last week Garrett read me his first book.  He had been asking me to help him learn for a while, and since he was grounded from TV, what better time to learn.  He loves anything having to do with animals!  So I got him a pre-reader book called Sarari.  He did amazingly well!  At first it took him about twenty minutes to read it, sounding out every letter, and slowly he has been able to read it much faster.  (I am not completely convinced he hasn't memorized it, but he does still stumble over a few words.  I am in the process of encouraging other books.) 

He has really always loved books, and animals.  He is three months old in this picture.  He had just learned to sit up, and would sit like this forever, grunt for me to turn the page, and continue "reading."


Reading me his memorized version of Green Eggs and Ham.

Here is a video of Garrett reading, or you can click here if it doesn't work.







His favorite books

No comments:

Post a Comment