I love Pinterest! I have tried a lot from their site this week, and I have been unusually disappointed. Breakfast cookies, have the consistency of a sponge. Cookie bowls, looked like my oven threw up cookie and ended up being cookie bits with ice cream. So I figured I would do one with the boys that would be a definite win, sidewalk chalk paint. Easy to make, easy to use, and even better they had fun...outside! Total win...until you go to wash it off. My plan was to turn on the sprinkler and let them play until it came off, however, my husbands P90X muscles made the nozzle on the hose too hard to take off. Plan B, have them run around the yard as I spray them with the water from the hose. We did that until they complained it was too cold (like two minutes,) so I tried to just water hose shower them and rub with my hand to speed up the process. It didn't rub off. So it stuck them in the shower. After fifteen plus minutes in the shower (the water was cold when they got out!) of me really scrubbing them, I had removed most of the dye. And I am talking scrubbed, as in removing multiple layers of skin, scrubbed. Garrett's poor skin was red forever afterwards. Tripp ended up being dye free, while Garrett only had a little on his shoulder and arm. Lots of fun had by all, but probably not going to do that one again.






And here is when the self painting began...of course by Tripp!
See the tongue, its a Hoff thing, his dad does it, his brother does it, and if I remember correctly his Pud does it.
I did help with this, however, you can tell how much he loved it, and the attack noises he made afterwards were worth it!
All clean!
(I still haven't gotten used to that hair!)
I will not look at the camera, I will not look at the camera...
See, not too bad. The color is much more obvious in person, but I find comfort in the fact that it is easily covered up. Garrett is worried that he is permanently dyed...I don't think so, but will let you know in a few days.
Minus the fact that my children were colored, this stuff does have awesome color! It is really bright and bold. Lets just see how many rains it takes to remove it from the driveway!!
I was smart enough to make them each take a section of the drive way, but it did make it hard to take a picture to get the whole effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment