Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Next Scott Hamilton...

...we are not!

I thought it would be a great idea to go ice skating.  It is so hot, think 105+ degrees outside, so what is the opposite of hot...ice cold.  The boys had never been, the cost was really cheap, and my sister volunteered to come help, how could this not be the most perfect day ever!?! 

Oh how I was wrong!  Garrett was actually really good as far a first time skaters go.  He did fall immediately upon entering the rink, but afterwards was actually able to skate around without help of the wall about 40% of the time.  To me that's pretty awesome.

Also notice, his really cool flash shirt!


At this point Allison and I traded children.



Allison had my camera and fell, this is the result, I also told her I would take my camera back.

See I am pretty sure this is a really cool trick.  Notice the grace...

Tripp, not so awesome.  He generally has a natural gift towards most sports, but not this one.  He wouldn't stop moving his feet!! They kept moving! I tried to make them stop but it was an impossible task.  Twenty feet into the rink, and he already wanted to give up.  I forced him to make one lap before we got out.  Forty feet into the rink (think almost to the first curve!) he decided he needed to sit.  He did.  Then he was cold and wet.  At this point a girl not much older than him skated up to us and asked, "First time, huh?" I answered that it was, and she replied, "If you would sharpen his skates he would skate better."  I said thanks, all while thinking not nice thoughts in my head and persuaded Tripp to get up so we could finish.  It took us 45minutes to make a lap.  At the half way point I thought about picking him up and skating with him to the finish, but since I too stink at ice skating I figured it was safer for the two of us to finish it out.  As we were leaving Tripp suggested, "Mom, that was not much fun, how about we not do that again."

His feet wouldn't even stop moving so I could take his picture!



This is at the half way point...isn't he pitiful.  I should have turned the camera around to show you my face...

...I looked about like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment