Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jam Packed Weekend

Since Cody was out of town, and we hadn't yet celebrated Garrett and Kale's birthdays, the boys and I headed to Grandmama's and Granddaddy's for the weekend.  There was lots of fun to be had, and little sleep to go with it, but it was worth it.  Friday we just hung out and played most of the day.  I did learn not to leave Granddaddy in charge.  I left Garrett and Kale with him while I got Tripp down for a nap (less than five minutes) and when I came back I found Granddaddy asleep and the two boys I could smell from down the hall.  I made the comment about them stinking, and Kale answered, "Not any more! We put on deodorant and cologne!!!"


Can't you just imagine the smell?!?


That night we went to the Vandal football game.  Tripp had been looking forward to it all week.  We got in, found our seats, listened to the prayer, school songs, and national anthem, saw kick off, and Garrett asked, "How much longer?"  I think he jinxed us.  three and a half hours later it was over!  They had a blast though. They kept asking what I did in high school, and Garrett loved being able to go to the bathroom all the way down by the gate while I sat in the stands (with Aiden's help to and from.) Poor Mr. Hobbs saw all sides to Tripp.  From dancing wildly, to smacking his elbow with the stadium seat, to watching me run down the bleachers in order to had out some discipline  and then almost falling asleep.  The evening ended and the boys talked their way into the press-box to pretend like they were making the announcements.

They won!! 69-41
Go Vandals!!
or as Tripp would say, "Go Red Team!!!"






Saturday was another full day.  It started early at the very first parade my boys had ever been too.  They enjoyed the whole thing!  Tripp waved two handed to most who went by, and Garrett wasn't afraid to risk loss of limb by running into the parade to get left over candy.

are they coming yet!?!


They could finally see the band!





Garrett said the key to getting candy was waving and smiling so that you looked cute.

This was Tripp's typical stance the whole morning.





Mr. Too Cool


Red one, Garrett got that point though

Tripp said, "Look here come the hunters!!"






Here comes Walker!



Walker is in the blue being held by Emily.  He was supposed to be a puppy, but it doesn't look like he wanted to wear it.








I know these guys were supposed to be Duck Dynasty, but they looked more like ZZ Top...

Loved the little girl int he beard!!!

The boys loved all the old cars, especially ones like this one they could name from the movie Cars.





Love all the covered ears!!







What is he doing!?!


After the parade we went to Kale's baseball game, and then headed off to Chucky Cheese (my favorite, not!) for Kale and Garrett's birthday.  Garrett spent most of his time dragging Uncle Lee around playing alien shooting games or racing games, while Tripp enjoyed the games that spit out the most tickets.




I had to remove Tripp from this game.  He got the 5000 one a few times, only it wasn't on his game...


The alien game he is still talking about!

I didn't notice this until I walked on the other side, but I am glad I got the picture on accident.  Notice down at the bottom, Garrett was too short to see so Joni took one for the team and let him stand on her to play.

I won!!! (I think he got all of two tickets from this game!)


Kale and his daddy


Walker



Happy Birthday!




Waving off the smoke



blue teeth
















more racing...


To view all photos go to:



No comments:

Post a Comment