Saturday, December 1, 2012

Santa's Christmas Message

I have been praying lately on how to keep the magic of Santa in Christmas, but still keep our focus on Jesus. Each year it gets harder and harder, especially with Garrett. This year I cam across this book, Santa's Favorite Story , by Hisako Aoki and Ivan Gantshev.


It tells the story of a fox who comes across Santa tired and exhausted from preparations   The fox becomes worried that if Santa can't do his normal Christmas rounds, then Christmas won't come.  Santa gently corrects him by telling him about the first Christmas, Santa's favorite Christmas.  He also tells the fox about why we give at Christmas.  It was exactly what I was looking for!

So this morning when the boys got up there was this package in our fireplace addressed to them.  It had a note written just for them and this book.



Here is what the note said:


Dear Garrett and Tripp,

Two of my most special children! I pray that this letter brightens your day, and helps get your hearts ready for my all time favorite time of year, Christmas!!

Garrett I know that you have been memorizing Proverbs 3:5-6,

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.

I learned long ago that if we do not trust God, and put Him first in our lives then the things that we think will make us happy (like toys, and games, or just doing what we want instead of obeying our parents) dont work. The only thing or person that can make us truly happy is God.

So as we get ready to share in the joy of Jesus birthday, we need to remember how much He loves us. Tripp, remember what John 3:16 says,

          For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

He loved us so much that He has already given us the greatest gift, the gift of a Savior!  Wow! I always feel so excited when I think of what He gave me, and you. I know that you are filled with love for each other, your mom and dad, and most importantly Jesus.  The best love we can ever experience is when we chose to put Jesus in our hearts, and I am so happy that I have Him in mine.

I am sending you one of my favorite Christmas books. It tells the story of one year when I forgot what Christmas was about, and I became so unhappy and discouraged. I was trusting in myself, and not God. After I took a moment and remembered the first Christmas, my joy once again returned and I could give and share in Christs love again. 

I cant wait to bring you what I have planned this year! Remember to listen and obey, and to love on each other every day.

Love,

Santa Claus

P.S.  Garrett, Mrs. Claus told me to tell you that the answer to your heart question is yes, and she is so glad to be your sister. I also have gotten the photo from your mom, and will talk to the elves to see what I can do. Please offer Tripp and your mom a little grace; it is always nice to hear you are loved.
Tripp, secrets can be fun, and can bring joy to others, so always keep them. And remember to not suck your finger!

Inside of the book










They were so excited!  Garrett has been worried about Santa's heart for a while, and it answered lots of questions for him.  Tripp just counted how many times his name was in the letter.  And now we have a wonderful book that we can read each year as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment