Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How To...Have Fun While the Men Work

  
Last weekend we went to visit Cody's parents, so that he could help his dad set the posts for their deck.  (And maybe to visit the new boat, but wind prevented the first boat outing.)  The boys had other plans.  It took them all of ten minutes to decide they wanted to swim, and ten seconds to strip naked when they found out they didn't have a suit to swim. 







Tripp did not want to sleep in Sarah's bed upstairs, so he opted for the space below the window seat.

After swimming, lunch, nap for Tripp, and definitely deciding that going on the boat was out we headed over to Uncle Keith's for some fishing.  The stats were, Tripp-6, Garrett-4, Mason-I am not totally sure around 4-5 plus a hat (the hat is to me the most impressive, he really did get it off his head!), Dad-um, I think he and Tripp can share, Pud-3-4 (one got off, and I think Garrett may have taken credit for some of his), and Mom-well, Garrett did catch one of his on my rod, after I casted it, and I did have to take pictures!  Before we headed to the pond to fish, the boys did get a chance to ride horses.  Huge milestone, since neither have ridden before without tears.  And Mason helped Tripp find "dinosaur" bones that now are very artistically placed in the rocks on our patio.



First one to cast, first one to catch a fish
Reeling in the first fish



Didn't realize until just now that Pud and Garrett had the same "outfit" on. 

If only you could see his big smile under that hat!

Garrett's first fish



Mason and his hat

I don't know who taught this kid how to carry a fishing pole, he had his head though the fishing line and the pole was swinging around his neck.

The cheering squad

Putting the "dinosaur" back together



Can you say TROUBLE!!!
Mason, Garrett, and Tripp


No comments:

Post a Comment