Friday, May 25, 2012

Mr. Freeze Attacks!

For our first official day of summer, I surprised the boys with a little adventure.  With a little pinterest help, I came up with the idea to have Mr. Freeze come and freeze some of Garrett's Batman toys, so that they would have to "free" them.  They loved it!  It was really fun to watch them try to get them out.  I however, made one big mistake.  I bought them water guns, and being the thinker I am, chose the ones you don't have to pump so that I wouldn't have to help them.  I didn't even think to look at the well size.  Their guns would shoot for approximately 30 seconds each, and then I had to refill them.  Not quite the "occupy my kids so I can have a break" toy I was hoping for when I purchased them.

Batman and the rest of Mr. Freeze's victims

Garrett to the rescue

Tripp ready for action



It actually took longer to unfreeze them, next time I will use less water.

Tripp was the first to have a man free, I am sure Guy Gardner is glad to be out! (Green Lantern)

We had a small accident in the unfreezing process.  I intentionally chose figures that didn't get played with a lot or that were duplicates.  I didn't pay attention to those that had been glued together.  Superman had to have a minor procedure to put his legs back on, but he is now doing quite well.

Tripp may have had the first man free, but Garrett figured out a plan and was the first to free all his men.


After all heroes were free, the rescuers turned on each other.







Tripp through a big fit because Garrett was faster and kept shooting him.  Garrett graciously volunteered to stand by the fence for two minutes, so Tripp could shoot him.  Unfortunately for Tripp, a minute and a half of his two minutes were spent loading his gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment