Monday, April 25, 2011
Texas' Spring Snow
Here in Texas,we rarely get fun, soft, fluffy snow. We have been lucky enough the last two years, but in a normal year we don't get it. What we usually get is this nice fun hard snow, otherwise known as hail, in the spring. We got this last Tuesday. I heard the tornado sirens go off, sent the boys to the hall, and turned on the TV to see what kind of weather we were in for. Then I hear this play by play from Garrett.
Garrett: Hey mom, there is snow falling, no wait it is raining rock. Is that the hail you told me about?
Me: Yes, get away from the window, close the door and I am coming as soon as I see the weather.
Garrett: Oh wow its big!!! There's another one, and another one, and another one, and another one... (you get the picture)
Me: Garrett are you by the window again?
Garrett: No, I can hear it hit the roof, mom!
This went on for about ten minutes. We got lots of hail. It started out pea size and averaged out to be about golf ball size, but we did get a few soft ball size pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment