Monday I met my mom, so the boys could spend a few days with them before Christmas. While we were driving, Garrett thought it would be fun to play baseball in the back with Tripp. Here is how it all went down:
Garrett asked, "Hey, Tripp, let's play baseball, I am the Rangers, and you are the Cardinals. Here take this ball (hands Tripp pretend ball) and throw it at me and I will hit it." (Said as he is swinging his pretend bat over his shoulder.)
Tripp says ok, and takes the pretend ball, he throws it to Garrett, Garrett swings, "Yes! HOME RUN!!!!"
He then starts kicking his feet like he is running. He does this three more times. Then he tells Tripp it is his turn. They exchange pretend baseball items. Garrett throws the ball, Tripp swings, and says, "Yes! HOME RUN!!! Alright!"
Garrett interrupts him, "Umm, actually you missed and that was a strike."
"Aww, man! I thought I had it."
Garrett pitches to him again, Tripp swings much harder this time, "WaHoo!! I did it, HOME RUN!! I win"
Garrett stops him, "Nope, it was another strike, sorry you lose, maybe next time."
Tripp sadly looks down at his feet, and says, "Oh, ok maybe next time. Wanna play the alphabet game?"
No comments:
Post a Comment