Friday, December 16, 2011

The Ice Cream Experiment

Today we went to my Granny's. The boys really like going to Granny's, however, in preparation to leaving I did some math.  Lots of breakable things + very little to no sunshine for outside play + two boys = TROUBLE!!  Needless to say we needed something to do.  So I looked through my Pintrest folders and found this cool one here about how to make ice cream in a bag.  I have heard of others doing this, I had the stuff, so we packed it all up and headed over.

We were there maybe five minutes before everyone (including Granny) was ready to try the ice cream experiment.  I followed the directions, handed out gloves to everyone, and we all took turns shaking the bag.  I had a turn, Garrett had a turn, Granny had a turn, and the bags busted. 

Start over.  Re-do bags, double bag them, re-glove kids and Granny, and shake for the required 8minutes.  Check ice cream...it was still liquid.  Re-zip bags, shake for another 10 minutes, check...still liquid.  At this point we called it.  Garrett said, "Mom, not all science experiments work."

And he is right, and I kept my kids from breaking anything, and they are now sleeping due to the rigorous activity they had this morning. 

One last shake...

Checking the results...that neon bag Garrett is holding up is the same as the one on the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment