I have mended small holes here and there on his blanket, but over Thanksgiving his blanket suffered to major blows. One hole was an "L" shaped tear about 3"x3" and the second was a straight tear about 6" down one side. It was so thread bare that while I was sewing it the needle was even making holes in it.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Out with the Old...
When Tripp was little, he would carry a burp rag everywhere he went. He carried it in one had as he crawled though our house, and kept on carrying it as he got older. Right after he turned one, he had to have tubes put in his ears, and I made him a blanket with his name on it to carry to the hospital. Since then that blanket has gone everywhere with him. If you know Tripp, you have seen him, blanket in one had and finger in mouth.
I have mended small holes here and there on his blanket, but over Thanksgiving his blanket suffered to major blows. One hole was an "L" shaped tear about 3"x3" and the second was a straight tear about 6" down one side. It was so thread bare that while I was sewing it the needle was even making holes in it.
I had a some of the fabric left and decided it was time to make him a new one. He wasn't too keen on the idea, but I told him it was time to move up to the big boy blanket. I made it double sided, put his initials on it, and made it a little bigger, perfect for my big boy. Luckily he loves it just the same and had used it without skipping a beat. He did ask for his other blanket a few times, but I just told him it was put up somewhere special, and he drops it. Hopefully this one will last longer.
I have mended small holes here and there on his blanket, but over Thanksgiving his blanket suffered to major blows. One hole was an "L" shaped tear about 3"x3" and the second was a straight tear about 6" down one side. It was so thread bare that while I was sewing it the needle was even making holes in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment