This morning I was taking Tripp to a friends house when he says from the back seat, "Mom, say ring-ring."
So I obliged and he answers his pretend phone, "Hey, you called."
I answered, "Yeah, you told me to."
Tripp: Ok, just wanted to make sure this thing worked.
Me: Ok, I am driving, can I call you back later?
Tripp: Sure, bye. Love you.
Me: Love you.
Then he says, "Hey, I just sent you a text."
Me: Ok, can you read it to me I am driving.
Tripp: No, you have to check your phone.
I look at my phone, "Umm, yeah still driving (and in my head thinking, this is an imaginary text...) can you read it to me."
He rolls his eyes and says, "It says, Hey Kristen Hoff. Whatcha doin'? Wanna go to the zoo some time."
So I say, "Hey Tripp Hoff, I am driving my son to a friends house. I would love to go to the zoo. What about Tuesday? Send"
Tripp: Great! My calendar is free. I'll see you there. Send
Me: Hey, say ring-ring.
Tripp: Ring-ring
Me: Hi, you have reached Tripp's mom, she is currently driving Tripp to a friends house and can't answer the phone right now. Please leave your name and a message and she will call you back when they get there. Beeeppp
Tripp: Mom, you are so weird. You told me to call and now you won't answer and are making me leave a message. Call me when you get a chance. Bye. Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment