Friday, July 15, 2011

Couples Retreat

Last week I had the great pleasure of going on vacation with my husband while the kids went to grandparents.  Cody has made several trips to Guam this year, and since it is a 23hr flight, I decided that I would meet him halfway, which is unfortunately Hawaii.  Sometimes you just have to meet your spouse in the middle, and see what happens.

We had a blast!  We actually sat down to dinner together, laughed and enjoyed each others company.  We went to Pearl Harbor, hiked, attempted to snorkel, visited the aquarium, and so much more.  I couldn't believe how lush and beautiful the island was.  I can't wait to go back!!  Cody and I both decided that it was so nice to just have some time to ourselves, that we are going to try and do a couples vacation every other year, and then do things with the kids on the other years. 

It was nice to get home though, and to see that the boys actually did miss us.

I am a picture taker.  I came home with over 400 photos, which I have whittled down to some where around 250ish.  So I am going to spread my favorites out over a few days and share.

Right outside our room.  One funny switch while we were in Hawaii was that I was the early riser.  Generally that is Cody not me, but since he was on Guam time and I was on Texas time, I woke everyday at 4-5am or earlier (9-10 o'clock Texas time) ready to get busy, and he would sleep until after 8 everyday. (Guam is 15hrs ahead of Texas, as in it is 3pm here and 6am tomorrow morning there.)



It is so pretty there, mountains everywhere.


Tunnel through a mountain, they like to do that a lot.

We are terrible of getting pictures together, and so this is my best effort to get one the first night.  Cody refused to do self portraits the rest of the time we were there because of this photo. 

Our waiter took this one, and on my camera it looked great, but on the computer it is fuzzy.  I am kind of sad about it too.  This was our best photo while we were there, and I made the dress I am wearing.  I guess we will just have to go back and re-create it.

One of the mountains, this is just a few miles from the road sign that said "this way to Charles Whitmore Villages."  So we are speculating this is where they filmed Lost.  We know it was on this island, but not sure exactly where.

Pineapples.  For some reason I thought that they grew on trees, but to my surprise after seeing field after field of this weird grass I realized that these are pineapples.  Being right across the street from the Dole Plantation could have been my other clue.


More to come tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what a wonderful trip! I am so excited that you guys got some alone time. I believe it one of the things you have to do to keep a marriage strong! But we got to do what we got to do...right? Looking forward to seeing more pictures! Oh, and kudos on the dress! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete