One of the days we were gone we climbed Diamond Head. Diamond Head is one of the two volcanoes that formed the Oahu. It was so pretty. At one point this was a military post, so at the top there are "look out holes" (probably not what they are really called) and a place to see nearly the entire island. It got hot, but I was very thankful it was only 85 instead of the 105 or hotter it was back home.
Looking up at the volcano
From inside the crater looking up at the rim.
This was my view for most of the trip, not too bad.
Looking down at crater. About half way up.
About two-thirds of the way up.
Almost there...
I hated these stairs. I my feet weren't good at climbing in circles.
Looking out the "look out holes."
"Look out holes" from the outside.
We made it!
No comments:
Post a Comment