Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An Ear Full

Yesterday, while standing in Millie Clark's front yard talking to her and my sister I had the strangest experience ever.  I saw it coming and was unable to stop it.  A moth flew into my ear, and decided to take up camp.  Allison tried unsuccessfully to get him out, but he flew so deep into my ear you couldn't even see him.  I couldn't take all the fluttering and digging at my eardrum, so I packed up and went to Care Now. 

The nurse thought she was able to see him, but he had been fluttering so much he had kicked up "ear debris" as the doctor would call it and he was hard to see.  When the doctor came in he looked less than two seconds and said that I had been swimming and just had water stuck in my ear and it was sloshing around against the earwax, and that was why I thought I had a bug in my ear when in fact I did not.  He ordered my ear flushed out, and I told him to make sure and come back and see the bug when they got done.

Sure enough, not only did they get a moth out, but he was still alive!  Per Garrett's request that I bring home our new friend, I had them save him in a specimen jar, and everyone in the clinic came in to take a look including my doubting doctor.  My ear is fine, much cleaner, and free of any bugs.  Yeah!

My friend
Garrett's theory on why he picked my ear, "He must have thought your ears were very large strange flowers."

No comments:

Post a Comment